Hello and Welcome to Wandering Spirits Global!
Wandering Spirits Global is the home of Spirited Adventures . . .
. . . capturing the heart of beautiful distilleries,
. . . providing travel advice and touring tips,
. . . answering life's important questions, such as, how's it made? what are the differences? why do they taste the way they do?
Who 'We' Are
Wandering Spirits Global is the creation of Chief Wanderer, Amanda Reid. Amanda is an Australian born photographer, digital nomad and whisky lover.
Amanda left Australia in 2015 to travel the world. She visited Japan, then Ireland, and upon entering Scotland (the home of her ancestors) she fell in love with an Ileach (an Islay native) who just happened to work at a distillery.
Amanda and Roddy are currently in Australia, where they will continue to share their spirited adventures so fellow travellers can learn from their experiences.
You can follow us on all the usual social channels
The boardwalk over Loch Finlaggan to Eilean Mòr, Isle of Islay, Scotland
If you have any questions or feedback, we'd love to hear from you! Send an email to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
Wandering Spirits Global allows use of our images in two ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Amanda Reid and Wandering Spirits Global must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License:
- Blog Post describing a trip to Scotland
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of whisky tourism
- A website for a school project about Islay
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by WanderingSpirits.Global. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website selling liquor
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
Prints of images are available via shop.wanderingspiritsglobal.com
Credit to Trey Ratcliff/Stuck In Customs for Licensing terms